Re: Global Subroutines II

** Reply to note from ML Solla
 11/05/95 11:17am  -0500

> EG2: I can't go back to a DOS version of XyWrite because I need
to be  > able to send faxes thru the Windows operating system.

This is NOT meant to be an item in the OS wars--I've refrained.
But, I routinely use  XyDos to send faxes through my OS/2
Faxworks program, italics and everything. (One  simply tells Xy
to print to LPT3 using an HP LaserJet prn file). But surely
Windows  have an analogous capability--maybe you need a more
sophisticated Fax program?
I appreciate your problem, but I've avoided XyWin totally and
don't feel I've missed  much in the way of power.

David Auerbach
  auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU     Box 8103