usb printers

"I need a new printer and nothing seems to offer what I need (fax capability,
four separate ink cartridges, DOS printing--and a price under $200)." --
Patricia

I have a multifunction Brother MFC 7150C that faxes, colorcopies
(enlarging-reducing), colorscans, colorprints (including provision for DOS
applications) and has a regular telephone handset attached. It has four
separate ink cartridges, and sold on clearance for about $250 a year ago, as I
recall. All that on a 12x18 base and about 21x22 spread with trays & catchtrays
in place.
Smarter than I am. Had no troubles with it.

Can't report how it handles XyWin because I still haven't puzzled out how to
get the program installed with full Windows fonts and printing (I've been busy,
but also dense...)

But since the model has been superseded (later models don't have ALL the
features), might be out there under your $200 limit. Can't compare quality, but
sure find it convenient and versatile in my cramped desktop nook.

              Ted Stannard

=====