Re: DOS app icons Under Vista

Patricia, I found this "conversation". I'm not sure what the answer
means (since I haven't even SEEN vista yet).

(btw...the post after this one was somebody asking what a DOS program
was)

-BrianH.

>I have a couple of DOS programs that have desktop shortcuts. I am
having a
> problem with the icon that is displayed on the desktop. I went to the
> properties dialog -> program tab -> change icon and entered the proper
> icon
> file. This icon shows up fine in the program page of the properties
> dialog,
> but a default blank page icon shows up on the General page and on the
> desktop.
>
> Any suggestions on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Rick

Hi Rick,

Try this:

Right Click on the icon
Left Click 'Properties'
Left Click 'Change Icon'
Find out where the icon you want is in relation to the one you get
(i.e.:
the one you get is two columns to the right of what you want.)
Left Click on the icon two columns to the LEFT of what you want
Left Click 'OK'
Left Click 'Apply'
Left Click "OK'

If that doesn't work try a few others and see if you see a pattern.

If that works but the icon you want is in the first two columns, I don't
have a solution for you.