Re: DOS app icons Under Vista

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Right Click on the icon
Left Click 'Properties'
Left Click 'Change Icon'
Find out where the icon you want is in relation to the one you get
(i.e.:
the one you get is two columns to the right of what you want.)
Left Click on the icon two columns to the LEFT of what you want
Well, that answer assumes Rick is using the default set of icons
that are embedded in Vista. I'll try it (shut that box down for
the night; tomorrow) and that it's a a screen problem. But the
icon I want is completely elsewhere, in a different folder. And
anyway, neither Rick nor his responder seems to have noticed that
"Apply" is grayed out. This is something BBBG is bound and
determined we won't do. Anybody have any ins with Sysinternals?
By the by, XyWin won't run under Vista. Claims there's "Not
enough Memory." I haven't yet found the location of the Vista
equivalent of Control Panel->Device Manager->System->memory (and
even in 98 you had to "print" that to a file).
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx