Re: XyWrite -->Ansi utility

> .. a possible XyWrite-->Ansi
> conversion...

I've got a program (I wrote) which does conversions Ansi <---> Dos.
It runs under Windows 9n and uses the clipboard.
I could email it to anyone who wants it - no guarantees tho'.

It does only a limited range of characters, the reason being
that there is a clash of character codes. Smart apostrophes ? ? in Ansi
use the same codes as the æ Æ (a e ligatures) in dos, for instance.
The program `solves' the problem by ignoring them.

When you run it, it reads in any text it finds in the clipboard
and offers you conversion in either direction: Ansi --> Dos
or Dos --> Ansi . Having done the conversion, it puts
the result back into the clipboard and waits for you to exit it.

It doesn't need installing, just unzip it to wherever you want, creating
a shortcut if you want one, and go. It's about 220k in size, unzipped.
I don't know if it'll run under NT, 2k and so on, never tried it.

John

Pour mieux recevoir vos emails, utilisez un PC plus performant !
Découvrez la nouvelle gamme DELL en exclusivité sur i (france)
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/signedell