Re: Need new keyboard

--- On Thu, 4/2/09, Carl Distefano  wrote:

> From: Carl Distefano

> Reply to note from Harry Binswanger
> (and with XyWrite you can use any combo of shifted
> keys to do what you used to do with fcn keys).
>
> Agreed; I hardly ever touch the top-row keys in XyWrite. I
> moved all of those functions to the NumPad decades ago.
>
> All of which is, of course, de gustibus, and none of which
> helps Lisa.

Actually, all the advice received so far helps outline my choices: 1. Cheap keyboard, reassign
function keys (the number keypad is a great idea. I never use it in XyWrite). 2. Used keyboard. 3.
Unicomp keyboard for $99 (with function keys on left). 4. Avant Stellar.

Lesson learned: After spending $189 on a perfect keyboard, buy the "skin" as well, and
don't eat popcorn while working.

Being a creature of habit, I'll probably get another Avant Stellar. After 20? years of XyWrite,
certain keystrokes have become automatic.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa