Re: Need new keyboard

>Me too, a long time ago. My only requirement is that the blasted
thing not CLICK.

I must admit that the Avant Stellar is a bit too noisy.

>an "al dente" action that's not mushy, but not too firm either.

I liked the feel (and sound) of my original IBM AT keyboard better, but unfortunately it lacks
modern amenities needed in Windows.

>Agreed; I hardly ever touch the top-row keys in XyWrite. I moved
all of those functions to the NumPad decades ago.

The top-row function keys are unusable for serious editing anyway. I have tried to adjust my
keyboard layout to an "enhanced" keyboard. I found it impossible to accomplish. My
keyboard table uses left function keys with all shift states. It is modeled after DOS Word 5.0 for
easy editing.

I could not live without a keyboard with the function keys on the left. The Avant Stellar is
expensive, but it is well worth its price.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx