Re: NB and Xy

> I too have been playing with the demo and found the following
> empty file in c:\nbdemo:
> "nbstart.int"
> On a hunch, I copied the LOAD keyboard and LOAD speller lines
> from my Xy4 startup.int into nbstart.int and, bingo: NotaBene
> with a Xy keyboard!
> >
> >I'm nearer to reaching for my Mastercard to order the special for
> >XyWrite users on the NB website.
> >
> >Steve

I've already ordered, just to reward them for actually caring about
Xywrite users. I loaded my keyboard not so much for my customizations,
but just to get the familiar XYWin keys. I also loaded a small U2 file
with some custom dialogs I had written. I can call them up with the
F2-letter key combination, but the dialogs do not 'work as expected.' I
haven't started to try to figure out why, but in my case they're not
terribly critical, whereas having a decent XY-like 32-bit editor is.

By the way, the things that some on this list find shocking, like being
able to move around toolbars, etc., are the direct effect of building
software out of modern 32-bit components, which seems to prove the point
that TTG probably had only to re-compile XYWIN with a modern set of
widgets to keep many of us happy, but I guess they couldn't be bothered.

On the other hand, maybe this was all cooked up between TTG and its
licensee, to create a market for the "Note Bene Stand-Alone Word
Processor." If so, it worked for me.

Richard Minutillo
rgm@xxxxxxxx