mousing in XYdos

I'm running Xy 4.018 under Win2K with Tame (now paid for!). On my Thinkpad I
keep reaching for the little cursor-control thingy (trackpoint) when I want
to choose something in a menu, so I might as well make the silly thing work.

My keyboard file contains MOUSE=105 near the beginning, and 105=MS in every
table.

Settings.dfl contains the following mouse-related defaults:
 df rx=10
 df ry=10
 DF UR=1
 DF R2=8
 DF CR=0,112,88,4  [don't know why it has *4* numbers]

What more is needed. It's been years since I used a mouse with XyWrite.

In a Win2K DOS window, running Tame and Xy 4.018, the mouse does nothing
useful in dialogue boxes or anywhere else.

With Win2K and WinXP, is a device driver needed to use a mouse with a DOS
program, or is such support built-in? Win2K help is no help at all on this.
Win2K doesn't provide something like mouse.sys, which was used in earlier
versions of windows, and none of the properties for the Xy DOS window are
helpful. Since Win2K is just emulating DOS, my guess is that it provides
mouse support automatically...

Over the years there has been discussion of using the mouse with Win95 and
Win98, but those systems use device=mouse.sys in the Windows config file.
Win2K seems to be doing something else.

Myron