Re: mousing in XYdos

Myron Gochnauer wrote:

> I'm running Xy 4.018 under Win2K with Tame (now paid for!).

        And graven with diamonds in letters plain
        There is written her fair neck round about:
        ?Noli me tangere for Caesar?s I am,
        And wild for to hold though I seem tame.?

               --Thomas Wyatt

> On my Thinkpad I
> keep reaching for the little cursor-control thingy (trackpoint) when I want
> to choose something in a menu, so I might as well make the silly thing work.

May you succeed in your endeavors, my friend! Those thingys drive me bananas.

> My keyboard file contains MOUSE=105 near the beginning, and 105=MS in every
> table.
>
> Settings.dfl contains the following mouse-related defaults:
>  df rx=10
>  df ry=10

Hmm and hmm . . . my settings.dfl (insofar _as I can recall_ never modified by
me from the standard-issue DFL file) has those critters both set to 3. (I'm
using a wheelmouse under NT4.0.)

>  DF UR=1
>  DF R2=8

These I have set to 1 and 6, respectively

>  DF CR=0,112,88,4  [don't know why it has *4* numbers]

I've got 0,199,102,4

And my mouse works fine (although to be honest with you when I'm in XyWrite I
hardly ever use it). And that's all I can tell you.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)