Re: Email Lines Mess {was unwrapa invisible?}

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Wed, 15 May 2002
12:01:19 -0800

Jordan:

> > Robert Holmgren wrote:
> >
> > (although its just amazing how many people make no effort to
> > widen their
> >
> > mailer's window to accommodate longer lines, so I'm constantly
> > seeing my
> >
> > own msgs, quoted back to me, with line after line wrapping a
> > single trailing
> >
> > word on a line by itself -- distracting to read and looks like
> > complete ****.
>
> I agree with you completely,...

This is another one of those Quests -- right up there with getting
people to prune quoted material or disable HTML when posting to
newsgroups -- that are destined to fail. As you say, even best
efforts yield no joy for at least some recipients some of the time.
Fonts, type sizes, window dimensions, screen resolutions -- there
are too many imponderables, some of them beyond the user's control.
For instance, when I send messages via AT&T webmail, I have no say
over the way it displays quoted material. Or, for that matter, over
the width of my own outgoing messages. Bummer, but there it is.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx