XyWrite-Word Conversion (cont'd)

Many thanks for everyone's helpful comments.  A friend of mine reports success using the following simple method, saving the file as Word 2.0 for Windows:

1. Open a file.
2. F6 to get menupads
3. Click on "file"
4. Click on "save as"
5. Pick the format you want
6. Navigate to the drive and directory where you want to put the file
7. Enter the filename you want in the "save to" box
8. Under "add extension," select "other" and enter "doc" for Word files,
"rtf" for rich text format, etc.
9. Click ok.
The problem I've run into is that in my version at least (4.017) the F6 key brings up nothing; nor does my Help menu contain any reference to menupads (only memo pads).  Ignoring step 2, however, leads to the same fruitless result described in my previous message.

Any ideas?

Malcolm