Re: Problem with graphics view...?

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Sun, 28
May 2006 07:14:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Carl: No, you are right. I did not mean to imply that
>  I get graphics view in a window. If I conveyed this
>  impression, I did not mean to. But when I write, I
>  write in a window, and I occasionally check to see if
>  my page is turning out the eay I want it to by going
>  into graphics view. It is mostly to verify the the
>  footnotes are behaving the way that they should that I
>  look at them in graphics view.

So, in other words, you DO toggle into fullscreen (briefly) to get a graphical
view?? And that is what is freezing? Or, you expect the machine to
auto-toggle into fullscreen like Carl said his machine does? And what usually
happens then -- when you quit graphics view, it auto-toggles back to a Desktop
window? *Normally* (when it isn't freezing), graphics view covers the whole
screen? Just trying to understand what behavior you expect, and how present
problem departs from that...

If you didn't change any XyWrite settings, what has changed recently outside
XyWrite? Things that might affect this: changes to OS printer or video
settings. New hardware/software. Even a Windows Update maybe...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx