Re: XY on tiny screen (OT)

Hey, who was the maniac who got Xy working on an iPAQ? He would know
about this issue. I still freak people out with that story.

Peter

J R FOX wrote:
--- Si Wright wrote:
My quest for ultraportability has now led me to the Fujitsu U810, which has a 5.6" screen at 1024x600.
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/fujitsu-lifebook-u810/4507-3121_7-32600944.html?tag=sub I'm not familiar with that model, but Fujitsus have a rather good reputation, generally. The one I'm most curious about is the Asus EEE (all solid state) -- but probably only after they get to a 16G model. 4, or even 8G, sounds dubious to me, for XP. (I think it was originally designed with Linux in mind.) Assuming it would be possible to run XY4 or NB on it, I'm still very unsure if a screen that size lends itself to *practical* use for writing / editing. Jordan
begin:vcard fn:Peter Cassidy - Director of Research n:Cassidy;Peter org:TriArche Research Group;Cambridge Research Directorate adr:Suites 200-202;;38 Rice Street;Cambridge;MA;02140;USA email;internet:pcassidy@xxxxxxxx title:Director of Research x-mozilla-html:FALSE url:http://www.triarche.com version:2.1 end:vcard