Re: Windows 7, again

Harry, I already have Nota Bene 10. I don't believe it's a pure ASCII editor, which is what I need--and something light-weight and fast. I'm cleaning up files filled with trash, such as Word DOCs published online and text files containing bits of leftover HTML tags and elements. I've been evaluating text editors. Notepad++ is free, and looks like it might do the job well. Sublime is impressive but overpriced. EditPad Lite or Pro look good. Any other suggestions? (sorry to go off-topic so soon!)