Re: Problems With XyWrite v4.014

On Tue, 7 Mar 1995, Jacob Green wrote:
> > Right on Brother...
> > I'm an ooold XyWrite user, who has been struggling with
WordPerfect for > years, ever since my office installed it. I
went to the Windows version > of WP but it was (and is) so
unstable that we never let anyone else in > the office use it.
The rest of the office is using ver. 5.1 for DOS.

Well, I waver. Today was a backsliding day; I returned to WP. But
I had to load up XyWrite to get a decent conversion to ascii to
send my stuff on the E-mail.

WP/Win 6.1 has some nice features.
It isn't slow, on a fast machine, but everything takes so many keystrokes.
It's speller contains every variant spelling known to man, so it
lets dependent and dependant through with equal tolerance.

OTOH, it isn't an orphaned product, like XyWrite apparently is.
Tech support has been prompt and helpful. TTG's is sporadic, at best.

I'm wavering. I hate the idea that I wasted my money.

jb