Re: Sans manual still...

riverunner wrote:

> When I start Xy Win, which I've just loaded, it now asks me to "log on"
> before it allows me to do anything. I don't remember setting something up
> so that I would have to log on. I am waiting for the manual to be shipped
> to me from San Francisco, in the meantime, I thought I'd bother you friendly
> people.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mimi Gauthier-LeBien

Yeah, it does that. Didn't it ask you for your name when you installed
it? The install program is supposed to create a log file for you? Not to
worry, add this to your startup file:

BX login Mimi Q2 ;*; (copy the BX and the Q2 from another line--they're
function calls actually).

Now create a file called log.log in your XyWin directory. Go to the
command line, type PFUNC bc and press enter. Store the file. (At least
that's what's in mine.)

It's ridiculous, I know. After I wring the neck of the person who
created the Toyota campaign featuring that geek inside the television
set I am going after the nitwit who thought this was a cool thing to
inflict on XyWrite.

Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press
lb136@xxxxxxxx