ASCII 13 -- apology

Holmgren wrote "Ascii-13 is a musical quarter-note".

I wrote "It's not; it's a sixteenth-note." Followed by what y'all
could easily be excused for reading as a smart-ass comment.

Tim Baehr points out "Uh, it's an eighth note. One flag. The ASCII
14 is two sixteenths--two bars tying the notes." Followed by a more
charitable and amiable comment.

I stand corrected. But since I've spent 35 years in the music
business, one way or another including working for a music
typesetting firm, I can't resist defending myself. Before writing my
earlier posting I did think to check my visual memory: so I winged
over to XyWrite and keyed in an ASCII 13 on the command line. If I'd
put it in the text and switched to WYSI(more or less)WYG, I'd have
seen my error at once; but in the default screen font ASCII 13 looks
like it has two flags. Honest.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel