Re: AE* expand*

Fred Weiner wrote:
I'm sorry, Paul, but either there's something I don't understand about tyf/nv, or something is left out of your suggestion (the former being the overwhelming favorite here). When I issue tyf/nv at the cmline, fo.tmp appears in the directory listing as if I had used tyf alone; when I issue tyf/nv c:\desktop\'filename'.ps I get the 'file not found c:\desktop\'filename'.ps' error message. I don't believe it would turn out differently were this coded into the keyboard file. Clarify? Thank you. FW.
You need a comma before the filename:

tyf/nv ,c:\desktop\'filename'.ps
The (over)simplified format of the command is "typef source file,destination file." If the source file is an open file, it need not be named, so the format becomes typef ,destination file.

Paul