Re: XYWRITE digest 1639

I've been a lurker on this list for some time. I have used XyW 3.52 DOS
since the mid 80s. Because of upgrades I've had to go to Windows XP on
Windows 2K (office). Neither supports DOS very well, and I've had multiple
questions, a few to this list, about how to make XyWrite work better on XP
or 2K. Nothing seemed to make it work well. Today at work I stumbled on
an advance, although not a complete solution, and its works on XP or 2K.
For some reason I looked at the Run function in my work laptop (W2K) and
under the program for our wireless network, the abbreviation "cmd" was
listed. I don't know why but I clicked on it to run it. Lo and behold,
what to my wondrous eyes did appear, but the good old DOS prompt! It was
in the small screen. But then I tried what had not worked well when
running XyWrite from Windows. I right-clicked the Windows Taskbar on the
top of the XyWrite small screen. I then clicked on Properties and then on
Full-Screen. Presto, I was in Full Screen mode - finally.
Now its not quite the same as the old XyWrite in DOS. It still only fills
the top half of the screen, but at least its easier to read. Also, my
Desktop shortcut does not get me there yet, but I suspect I can make it do
that with a little tweaking. Also in this mode, the cursor movement and
the fonts looked better than it had in the small screen mode.

Some progress anyway - or is this retrogress?

Bill
Bill Mallon