Re: beep in Xy4/XP/Dell 8500

"Robert Holmgren"  wrote:

> There isn't a volume control per se for XyBeeps. Might be for
> individual sound cards, but I've never seen one, don't have one now, and don't
> think the sound card has a connection with the PC internal speaker. Timothy
> Olsen wrote: "The slider on the far right [of SysTray Volume control] is for
> 'PC Beep'." Not on my W2K ThinkPad.

That's probably because you haven't enabled the slider under Properties
(double-click on the speaker, then go to Options and Properties). I
don't think any modern laptop has an actual "PC internal speaker" that
is separate from the speakers driven by the sound card.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx