Re: DOS /c problems in Win2K

> For win2k (vs. win9x) the following command in Xy doesn't remove the 1A:
>
>     dos /c copy /a file1 file2 /b

Like this, Harry:
      dos /c copy file1 /A file2 /B
Thanks, Robert. But the amazing thing is that my version *works* from
outside of Xy, at the DOS prompt, in Win2K. But moving the /A makes it work
from within Xy. And my version works without moving the /A from within Xy
in win98. Go figure!
But why mess around with two files?? It's ridiculous. Do this

 Yes, I already do that, but I left out the complications for simplicity.
The easiest, automated version, to strip EOF char from current file [U2]:
 zap26
Works in any and all OpSys.

That's the REAL solution. U2, as always, to the rescue. Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx