Re: Windows XP?

> > Will this include a debugged SWEEP?
>
> I'll take another look at it. Maybe not RIGHT away, but... soon.

Okay. The project I need it for should be over--or the worst
part of it should be over--within the next 48 hours, but I
should be back in this particular fray again by July. Any
chance SWEEP might be addressed by then? (Until SWEEP is
debugged, the only movie you are allowed to watch is the
1936 version of Showboat, but you may watch it as often as
you like.)

> Are you the
> person who reported a bug in the enhanced CH*, SE* frame? Carl told me some
> months ago that a bug had been reported -- freezing on SEarches for carriage
> returns.

I did report a CH glitch, but I don't think it had to do
with carriage returns. Here's the text of the orginal
plaint:

> > My screen in xydos4.018 (win98) just froze. Can't toggle
> > between cmline and text, no cursor available, mouse and
> >  and  accomplish nothing.
> >
> > I was using ch on the cmline, hit  with no result,
> > hit  with no result, realized the screen was frozen.
> > I was using back rather than forward slashes as separators,
> > but would that matter?
> >
> > This is the second time xy froze on me in recent weeks.
> > Can't remember what I was doing the first time it happened.
>
> > Everything else--web, email, excel--is working.
>

>That's fixed (actually, three bytes were inadvertently deleted at some
> point in the production version of U2, but not in my personal version -- so I
> couldn't see the problem, until I began preparing a new release a few days ago).

Is the fix something I can just drop into my current U2?

All of this may be moot as XYdos went into a deep freeze a
couple of hours ago when I was merely switching screens.
Maybe it's simply hard work that causes this.

thanks for your help

Judith Davidsen