Re: Conversion filters

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

>     WordPort's filters do get italics over, but they don't get the em and en
> dashes right (and both Leslie and I have told them so and as far as I
> know--I've not bothered upgrading it for several years--they refused to
> fix it).

They have some nerve, esp. given what they ask for their upgrades or subscriptions.
I had a license to both their 16-bit & 32-bit versions, carried through several
upgrades, during which I called various highly unsatisfactory results (incl. bad
GPFs) to their attention, and they just denied there being any such problems. Their
program is on the low side of mediocre at best (depending on what you hope to
accomplish with it), and the responsiveness of their support just plain sux.

As part of my eCS package, I got the full StarOffice suite (very large !) and the
Lotus ofc. suite that includes WordPro. Both of those are supposed to have
heavy-duty conversion filters. I did install the latter in eCS, but skipped over
StarOffice for the time being. At some point I'll get around to running some
comparative conversion tests . . . probably when I have something of sufficient
importance to convert.

Jordan