Re: VirtualBox: Can't start VM

Bill:
If you can achieve fullscreen, which is what you want, that's OK, but you should find it easy to make any VM (that is, W2K and higher) any size you want.
Makes sense; I need to play with that. After I discovered full screen,
though, I was also somehow able to make windowed XyWrite bigger. I
must say that, although I'm elated about getting full screen, I'm
nervous about the fact that I don't quite know *how* I got it, other
than at some point hitting Alt-Enter. One of the side effects of doing
so was to change the resolution of the virtual Win 7 desktop from
whatever it was down to 800x600. This appears to be related, and may
even be a sine qua non, for getting a full-screen DOS session. It's a
little disconcerting because all of this happened without my
consciously changing any settings. I'd really like to identify the
necessary steps and settings so that I can replicate it on other
machines. A quick search of the VirtualBox user forums did not provide
much enlightenment. It seems that other people have stumbled on this
phenomenon, but so far I haven't found a step-by-step procedure for
achieving it. And I confess I haven't yet cracked the VBox
documentation.
Does lag decrease in fullscreen?
No, when I experienced the lag, it was about the same in a window and
full screen. But the lag substantially disappeared in both window and
full screen after I rebooted the VM. And I've rebooted the VM several
times since then, and the lag has not come back. When I'm typing in
full-screen, I can barely tell the difference from Xy running
full-screen under WinXP.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx