Re: XyWin cross-ref bug,

For Reesa Marchetti:

I am using XyDos for the full gamut of things a scholar does, including editing
two books, one to produce camera copy with complete control of formatting, the
other to produce a MS for Cambridge UP, working on a number of papers that will
eventually be published, until recently editing and publishing a journal
myself, carrying on a large correspondence in which I frequently use mail merge
for personalizing letters sent to members of an organization, running 3
Internet lists (using a macro that outputs the files with hard EOL's), keeping
track in archives of remarks on papers I grade, evaluations I write, etc.,
translating ancient Chinese documents for a source book, preparing complex
tables for class handouts, publishing our department's bulletin for prospective
graduate students, which involves scanned graphics, organizing an archive for a
professional society of which I am vice president, preparing and massaging text
materials to be input into 2 databases (since it is easier to format and revise
it with XPL macros), continuously updating bibliographies as new research
materials appear, and quite a bit else.

Glad you asked. I am curious too about what other people are doing. Why don't
you offer a prize for the most innovative use, say a wooden nickel?

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325