Re: XyWin cross-ref bug,

Reesa,

Here's what I use XyWrite for (and I use DOS): As front end for desktop
published books done in Quark Express. We edit on-screen, insert XyWrite
styles codes, and then port them over to Quark for Macintosh with something
called a NAPS filter (sorry--can't give you info. on that--the Macintoshians do
that party). We use XyWrite's redlining to edit, and the redlined copy is
shown to authors, who then make their revisions on paper, which we keyboard in.
Then they get verification copy to make certain we have keyboared the revises
correctly. (The 2 versions are printed on differently colored paper and in
different typefaces.) This means they get to make most of their changes before
the book is ever paged, which generally means that the final changes made on
the Quark-produced proofs are minor indeed.

Finished Quark versions are sent to printer on disk as postscript files.

%%Leslie%%