Re: printer problems

On 1 Apr 01, at 23:27, Alexander Hellemans wrote:

> Some time ago I wrote to this list about my problems printing with
> XYwrite. Now it seems that not all printers are compatible with DOS...
A number of folks on the list have encountered this problem. I believe the
consensus was: look first at the mid-priced HP printers, ink-jets, which,
apparently, have code for both DOS and WN. I do not recall such problems
with the laser printers. I'd add that some of us have purchased refurbished
lasers or parts for our old lasers because they work so well with DOS. I
have a IIIP that I have put $200 into...and it just keeps going. I should
also add that almost all my work is with text.

Michael norman