Re: XP; MFC printers

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Tue, 23 Jul 2002
12:33:51 -0400

> Thanks, it does produce a different output, but not the right one.
> comes out at about 18pt but quite compressed, horizontally, and with a
> different font.

What font are you attempting to print with? None of the internal fonts print
at 36 points -- says so right in the file! Try a Speedo, that should work.

There is no "right" PRN for a "modern" HP Deskjet. The 660C that I wrote is
the most modern HPDJ PRN file in existence, unless somebody else has written a
newer one... -- use it (or 560C) with a Speedo and see what happens. Postscript
ought to work very well, though -- there are some nice Postscript utils in U2...
(written for GhostScript, which is tip-top copyleft ware).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx