XPMode Question

I set this up on a laptop (64-bit W7U) but did not manage to get Xy able to see or access any data files.  I tried everything I could find in Settings for the VM, or for the other component that has to be installed prior to XPMode.  (VPC ?  That laptop is not at this location, but I get back to where it is about once a week.)  Xy cannot see any drives or directories, although I tried to designate some as being Shared.  I can probably research this online, and have already bookmarked a few articles that could be relevant, but it would really cut to the chase if someone who uses this particular VM solution could just tell me exactly what steps I need to follow.

It is my intention to also try out VMWare for comparison purposes, when I can get to that point on my To Do List, though this will most likely be done on my own hardware that is continually at hand.

  Jordan