Re: printer error messages

Flash,
1. I think it's shared: It shows up as shared on my wife's system and it must be shared because I can print to it with Notepad.

2. Net Use shows it is "attached" to LPT2

3. XyWrite has the right .PRN file set in SETTINGS.DFL:
LPT2  c:\xy\hpdj660c.prn   any inkjet printer
What's changed is a new printer (that prints on LPT2 when the printer is attached via USB to my laptop).
So all the ducks are in a row: Windows, DOS, XyWrite--but still won't
print, ostensibly because the top margin is too small. But prefacing the
file to be printed with  still gives the message and no printing.
Interestingly, if I preface the file with  the error message
switches to:
"Left margin/white space on this printer must be at least 2.5DI"

But adding  doesn't affect it--same "at least 2.5DI".

Tiz a puzzlement.
Harry, you wrote that ≪I can print locally (pseudo-networkedly) when the printer is attached to the USB port on this laptop, but not over the network when it is attached to my wife's laptop.≫

1. Check that the wife's laptop's printer is shared. (Screenshots 1 & 2).
2. Ensure that your pc has the correct and complete path to the shared printer. Syntax: \\name (or IP address) of pc where printer is attached\name of shared printer
You also said that you used to be able to print w/o error messages. What
changed since then (apart from the error messages)?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx