Re: new U2

Carl wrote:
You didn't SEarch to the bottom of the file! You call that struggling? Keep hitting XC! Or simply issue HELP STACK.
No, it's dumber than that (I did search to the bottom)--it's that I was
searching in the old .INF not the new one.
When you get to the Stack _Help screen_, scroll down to the line that reads, "Users must add the following frame near the top of DLG (anywhere after the first two lines):" It is followed by a real Help frame (two lines) which you must copy into your DLG file near the top of the file "(anywhere after the first two lines)" BUT ahead of the block of code relating to Stack.
Okay, I did that. It did solve the $E problem. But then I got a $D
error. Thinking about that, I conclude I don't use $D at all under the new
system. So in my .kbd file, I replaced $D with LD. Now I don't get any $D
error, but I also don't have STACK functioning on the LU or LD keys.
Stackaux I reports content as there. Here's what it says:

  Current StackSize=3 commands
  Maximum StackSize=150 commands
  CursorUp|CursorDown Functions: GT LD |LU ,2
  Last STACK Exit Code=2 [UnStack]

  Current Stack: (newest to oldest command)
  help stackaux
The hint key with "a" on the command line comes up with "help stackaux I" but then hitting LU or LD does nothing.

Believe it or not, I think I'm almost there with installing the new U2.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx