Re: Viruses and Anti-

For the record, I've been using PCs for 17 years now, have never run or
loaded anti-virus software, and have never (knock wood!) gotten a virus.
Bugs, GPFs, illegal operations, screen freezes (esp. with WordImperfect,
which I suspect--even in 2000--of having some old DOS code in there
that's trying to use the video RAM for code or data), sure, but never a
virus. Had Quicken totally corrupt my Windows setup, so that I had to
format and reinstall, and quite frankly, I consider any program that does
things to my system without my permission a virus, but that's pretty much
all Windows and its apps. I just never run anything I don't know about. I
also will not use Explorer online or Outlook or Outlook Express AT ALL.
Patricia