Re: Faxing from Xy/Dos

On 01/27/97 at 09:24 PM,
  jbesser@xxxxxxxx said (in so many words):

<- The only one I have is hlpj-3.prn, downloaded tonite from the TTG
<- board. Substituting that for ibm-x24e.prn, I *was* able to produce a
<- fax directly >from XyWrite/Dos v. 4. IT wasn't exactly pretty, but at
<- least it worked. Now I have to fiddle with fonts and formats, I guess.

Yep, any should do since your essentially using the most vanilla subset.
But remember you'll only have the fonts built into the printer, not soft
fonts. I always stick with cgtimes, just to have a standard. Of course
from an OS/2 application we could fax in any font.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Spoil the child