Re: Opera and Xywrite Revealed

Morris,

Great work. I only copied a *few* of Tyson's programs, so I don't
understand XPL as well.

I can't figure out how anyone could possibly reprint XyWrite Revealed, sell
it at an affordable price, and break even, but if you can do it, you're a
better publisher than I am.

How would Tyson feel about releasing the book to the public domain, and
putting it on the Internet? That would probably be cheaper than reprinting
it, and more useful. Then every time somebody answered a question on the xy
list, we could just give the url to the page in XyWrite Revealed.

Norman

 >From Morris Krok
 Valentine's Day February 14th 2000.

 essence@xxxxxxxx

 I have been using XyWrite version 3 since 1988 when I was fortunate to
obtain Herbert Tyson's XyWrite Revealed. This book I consider a masterpiece
which does full justice to the logical and fascinating XyWrite program.
Although I have in my possession XyWin, NB for Dos and NB for Windows, for
initial data capturing I use Xy dos 3.

 In order to understand the XPL language I copied virtually every program
contained in Tyson's book into my computer. The short programs that I have
been able to write has enabled me to write in shortform without using the
spacebar and enter key, and by pressing one key it expands all the
shortforms, capitalizes the first letter of sentence and paragraph,
automatically puts spaces after all the punctuation marks and indent were
necessary.

 In addition to rewriting of a number of books I have written, I use these
programs to edit catalogs, condense them where need be, change their codes
and format. Also to convert MS Word RTF files into plain text.

 I am in correspondence with Herbert Tyson and in the process of obtaining
his permission to reprint XyWrite Revealed. Please e-mail me if anyone
would be interested in obtaining his book.

 Herbert Tyson has just produced Country style songs on a CD - "At the
Heart of it All" which by credit card is available through Amazon.Com but
by check can be purchased direct from him. His e-mail is herb@xxxxxxxx
and his website www.herbtyson.com.

 At the moment I am anxious to know how do configure the Opera e-mail and
web browser to be able to locate the remote web server. This is the message
what comes up when I load it. Recently I downloaded the trial version.

 With regards,

 Morris Krok

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D