Re: GoXy

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Sat, 05 Nov 2005
23:03:03 -0500

> BTW, for those who may try my idea, one problem is that the cursor appears
> only in one of the two iterations of Xy (duh!) so I don't know "where I am"
> in the other iteration, even though it's showing.

> My workaround is to put characters into the text of the second window--I'm
> using the red-square with the x in it (any-character wildcard) where it
> finds a difference.

Nice idea. Minor frill: frame REV will put any red character you want into
your XPL; you could use that instead of the wild-X.

A different approach might be to ALt-TaB back and forth a few times between the
two iterations, inserting say a 2-second (2000 millisecond) WaiT (or pause)
instruction between the ALt-TaBs, to give you time to visually locate your
cursor(s) in the two windows -- and make sure they're big flashing Insert (not
Overstrike) cursors! -- e.g.:

key(ALTBWT{2000}ALTBWT{2000}ALTB)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx