Re: OT: W2K et al

Harry Binswanger wrote:

I suspect AOL. On general principles.

Without question. I've been telling them to get a real ISP for years.
Anybody know what the W2K license says about transferring it from a dead or superannuated machine? The 9x license always let you do so. Now M$ is saying if you get a new Mobo, you need to buy a new copy of XP. The opsys is, quoth M$, "the heart and soul of a PC" and it doesn't hold with reincarnation. (Neither do I with humans or even beasts, but a PC is NOT alive, and this is carrying analogy too far.)

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx