RE: OT: W2K et al

As far as I know Patricia, with W2K you're not supposed to load it on more than one machine AT A TIME (of course, at home I'll load it onto as many machines as I damn well please). I believe that after death the soul of W2K can transmigrate at will.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Patricia M.
Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:01 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OT: W2K et al

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> I suspect AOL. On general principles.

Without question. I've been telling them to get a real ISP for years.

Anybody know what the W2K license says about transferring it from a dead
or superannuated machine? The 9x license always let you do so. Now M$ is
saying if you get a new Mobo, you need to buy a new copy of XP. The
opsys is, quoth M$, "the heart and soul of a PC" and it doesn't hold
with reincarnation. (Neither do I with humans or even beasts, but a PC
is NOT alive, and this is carrying analogy too far.)

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx