Re: XySearch server down for awhile...

** Reply to message from cld@xxxxxxxx (Carl Distefano) on Sun, 1 Jun 2003
18:44:33 -0400

> Too bad about the laptop. (And the beer!)

I'd be laughing if it hadn't happened to me. (Reminds me of a country and
western song title I recently heard: "Here's a quarter. Go phone somebody who
cares." [There's worse: on the same CD, another title: "They put me behind
bars, but my face is still breaking out." Oy.])

Patricia mentioned a "gizmo" that allows a laptop hard drive to be connected or
otherwise interfaced to a desktop machine. That's most intriguing. If I could
just clone my old setup, we'd be online quickly. Yes I have backups, all the
data, but not the server setup and automation -- or I don't think they cover
the last few days of setup work... I'm so bummed I haven't checked to see what
I've got.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx