Re: Fwd: Minor Enhancements

     Nathan's remapping of the Ctrl+number keys to use the additive
     modes is very useful if those are the keys you use. If you use
     the Menu/Dialog files, however, you can get the same effect with
     Ctrl + I, B, U, for Italic, Bold, Underline. These act as
     toggles -- if you're already typing in bold, Ctrl+B will turn it
     off with MD-BO, for instance. And highlighted text gets the
     surrounding MD commands with plus and minus. If you use the
     dialogs, you could map their programs to the Ctrl + number keys
     -- JM,(,B,o,l,d,), for instance. If you don't use the menus/
     dialogs, you could also extract the actual routines and put them
     into mini-XPLs. Here's the one for Bold (< = double chevron,
     etc.):

     GT ==0>BX (MD +BO)
     ==1>BX (MD -BO)

     BX and GT are function calls.

     I don't know if these work as well, or worse, than Nathan's
     XPL's, but they might be worth a try.

     General note: If you don't use the Menus/Dialogs, there is still
     a lot of useful XPL code in them that you could yank out for your
     routines. Check out especially the stuff near the beginning of
     the DLG file; anything without a JM function call could be
     potential stand-alone code.

     Tim Baehr
     TBaehr@xxxxxxxx