Re: Long Lost XPL Routine [was: young for life}

"Young For Life Products, Ltd" wrote:

> One thing that has me a little stumped, that some of you I'm sure could help
> me with - this is going to sound really stupid, but I learned to write XPL
> in the original Xywrite and stayed with it through version 3. I now have
> XY4, and there are changes that I haven't had time to relearn. For example,
> my fingers are still programmed to define with F1, release define with F3,
> etc. But now that's all different in XY4 (and, to me, very weird). So, to
> rewrite the program, I'm really confused about how to do certain things in
> XY4, and I'm also worried that if I write it for XY4 that it won't work in
> XY3. Would someone(s) be willing to help me via email as I stumble through
> the initial stages of this?
>
> Charles

Well, that puts you one-up on me: I never learned to write XPL at all (an
artistic mind, not a logical one -- what can I say . . . ). Unless you count
making a few very basic changes in someone else's routine, and generally a
simple routine at that. But why would you be hung up over what (default) key
assignment went where betweeen the two versions ? Wouldn't you just be using
Function Calls in your code ? I did have some facility with the macro-recorder
feature (and before that, in XY3, using Wallengren's NCAPTURE), but I don't
believe these can handle XPL. If there is a recorder that does, it would
presumably be found in the Jumbo U2. Even if there is, I doubt many XPL
routines are written that way.

Jordan