Re: uniqcomp.pm - Working for others?

Robert Holmgren wrote:

>Some obscure VAriable difference, maybe? I dunno...

I'm having the same result as Russ. My vile bodies are two 7-K files that are exactly the same except that one says "genitive" where the other says "possessive" (cribbed them from an old grammar course handout). My first thought was that NW was at a wrong value, so I played around with that. No luck. Value of $MA was 40, so I set that at 2. Same result. Then I thought, "Robert runs full screen; let's try that." Not merely did it do no better, but it took forever for the three-fingered salute to register; I thought I was going to have to hit the Big Red Button.
Robert, could you suggest appropriate breakpoints to interpolate EX1 and
examine the contents of SGs?

Two possible explanations occur to me:
1. I'm running on 98SE, Russ on an emulator in Mac. Russ, emulation of what? DOS? Win9x? If 9x, that may well be the monkey wrench in the works; we've been through this before, though it seems improbable. Uniqomp isn't doing any command/kmd calls is it?
2. Despite being ZIPped, the file (I'm using the ZIPPEd version) got
corrupted in transit. So I thought to convert it to pseudocode and paste
it here. Fortunately, I looked at it before sending. Tbird made mice
feet of the pseudocode, inserting line breaks and empty lines ad lib.
Robert, may I send it to you, in XPlencoded and pseudocoded, off list,
from my Juno account? Juno may be a proprietary, half-Microsludge
kludge, but it never did anything like this!

Patricia M. Goddfrey