Re: ot- buying a new name brand pc with xp

	It's an emulation of the high end IBM keyboard
	for special PC/5250 terminals.
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_5250

	Another company making 5250 terminal keyboards in Utah,
	http://www.ioconnections.com/productdetail.aspx?id=413

	It's heavy (maybe 3 pounds/ 1.5 kg) made of metal plates
	and heavy plastics.

	There is no USB connector as this is from
	a previous era. However $2 to $5 Mini-Din-to-USB
	connectors (often Y-leads to include a mini-din
	mouse also, to one USB connector) abound and you
	can plug that in. Get a couple of DIN-USB connectors
	for any keyboard you treasure so that you can
	continue to use it on any PC/Mac with USB only
	connectors.
	... like my new Toshiba Laptop and Xywrite.

	I've bought stuff from Unicomp. They have the
	parts from the Lexington factory and build the
	keyboards to order.

	I like the Model M (see various fan websites) a lot
	and bought the Ontheball Plus Model M from Unicomp.
	http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/ontheballplus.html

	Heavier than my laptop these days, and too clicky for
	some, the collapsing spring mechanism leads to a
	real travel stroke and my typing improves.
	I hate the flat laptop keyboards and typing more
	than a half page, I'll plug in a real Model M to
	a Mini-Din to USB plug and use that, lifing the
	cursed laptop up off the table or desk to finger fly
	my texts.