Re: XyWrites 4 and 5

Reply to note from rrr@xxxxxxxx (Yo Intl.) Sat, 3 Apr 1999 16:17:21
+0900 (JST)

-> >like the older program. You can even lengthen the command
-> line in >XyWin, and move it up to the top of the screen.
->
-> Really? How do I do that? Some setting in the .dfl file, maybe?

How'd ya guess? The setting is UI (User Interface). The command
line is controlled by the 9th value, the PRompt line by the 10th.
As it says right there in the file....

-> >For overall stability, though, Xy4 is the way to go.
->
-> I know that is polically correct opinion here. Still, some of
-> us have both and feel most comfortable with XY3.

Pee-Cee, Shmee-Cee! Mimi wasn't asking about Xy3. Her query said
that she's "still a Xywrite 3.5 user" but "suggested to my manager
that we get Xywrite Windows [or that] we should at least definitely
upgrade to XyWrite 4.0". I was speaking (apolitically) to the
relative merits of those upgrade options.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/