Re: available memory

Carlo,
Thanks for looking into this (again). I missed it the last time around, as I wasn't running Xy4 then and my Xy3 rig almost never needs to generate temporary overflow files (only on very large files when I try to move defined text from the top to the bottom). Not being familiar with Xy4, I wasn't sure whether this is normal behavior or peculiar to my constellation. It seemed peculiar to me that Xy4 had a quarter of the available memory left compared to Xy3. I guess it's normal.
I will try to unload some of the features I don't need, if possible. The
Xy3 memory window has a load/unload function to kill processes and
components singly, which I didn't find in the Xy4 memory window. Can
processes be "no load"-ed in the Xy4 startup.int file? If not, perhaps
you can give me command-line kill-syntax from within Xy4 and I'll
experiment with the various processes to see what I live without.

Cheers,