Broken Packets

Well, what I had noticed was that Bry's post, unlike most, came over
(when I opened the "message source," as Thunderbird calls it) as one
long line of type. No CR/LFs. So perhaps some e-mail clients have a line
length limit of 190 characters, and stick in a bang (or screamer) and a
space after that many?
On the other hand, when I tried to cut and paste Carl's post into
XyWrite, Thunderbird "performed an illegal operation" and crashed. I had
to save it as a file, then call it in XyWrite and paste it into my
monthly logfile of posts. First time that's happened, though I have
encountered erratic instances of my command line getting replaced by the
Action Bar when copying and pasting from Tbird to Xywrite.

Patricia