Re: BC XC or BX Q2

I wrote

>>But some BX-Q2 routines do require [parens]

Carl Distefano responds:

>What makes you say that? Examples, please!

Since I posted the above, Carl has pointed out that if the entire command
is enclosed in parens the final Q2 isn't necesssary:

>BX usage is EITHER to enclose the entire command in parens
>(or square brackets or curly braces), OR to forego parens entirely
>and end the command with func Q2; never both. ...
>... It should be either:
>[c1] {BX}se .{A}.{Q2}
> or
>[c2] {BX}(se .{A}.)

I picked up what little I know about BX-Q2 by hearsay (from this list,
largely if not entirely). In the course of flailing about trying to solve
some glitch or other, I probably noticed that some program I was emulating
(a program that succeeded doing something similar to what I was failing to
achieve) used BX and used (...) -- maybe not together with Q2 (since, as
Carl points out, they're not both necessary), but then I may not have
noticed that, and just copied what I saw.

As a result, I now have a whole stack of XPL routines that use BX (...)Q2.
The Q2 at the end (superfluous, as Carl has now shown me) doesn't seem to
hurt; I'm not about to go through my XPL repertoire deleting them, but I
can probably learn to not put them in in future programs.

Anyway, thanks, Carl.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel