Re: HOAX! Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Fw: new virus out read & pass on] -- stop sending chain letters.

Rene wrote:
Never did they mention that it was simply a Windows script that
*only* affects Windows users, and among those Windows users
only those that use Microsoft Outlook, and among those only those
who are stupid enough to leave the automatic execution function on.
In other words, NOBODY with even a glimpse of computer
common sense was affected.
I caught a glimpse of computer common sense, once. It happened one snowy
evening ... but I digress. My point is that I got hit with the I Love You
virus, lost all my .jpg files on my whole system. I don't use Outlook
Express, ever. I never installed it. (That's why it didn't spread from me
to others, but it still hit me.)
I didn't know that Virtual Basic even ran on my machine. I DID stupidly
click (in Eudora) on the attachment, because I thought .vbs was one of
those business card attachments. I didn't know that .vbs was an executable.

And yet I used to know a little Z-80 assembler, and hacked CP/M. Go figure.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx