RE: USB Printing with DOS2USB

Carl,
I have found at times HP print drivers can span different models even over several years - Because
they don't want to reinvent the wheel I guess? So, it was calculated "luck" that Canon
might do the same with their Inkjet, which in the end paid off. The luck held a second time as it
also works perfectly with GrandView, an old DOS outliner pgm. I use.

With Xy4 I am not getting a page of gibberish. I am just getting an oddly formatted result with a
scant amount of what appears to be font coding in the printed document. The text is all present.
- - - - - -

Patricia,
NET USE error was prior to opening Xy. NET USE (XP system) continually gave me an "error 67,
network not found" message whether launching NET USE from my created printer batch file or
manually launching NET USE from CMD @ C: prompt.

Unless I am in error, the syntax is:
"NET USE LPTn \\network\printer /persistent:yes"
I know my network name. I created it myself. I double checked it to be certain. Also, I know the
names of my shared printers. I didn't have time or patience to work out why the heck it was not
working regardless of which LPT port or shared printer I attempted to capture.

At the time, It was a case of time/money equation. It was worth $20 for a simple pgm to get the job
done. Which DOS2USB did nicely within Xy3. But, has not completely worked using Xy4.

You may be on to something with your suggestions re: fonts or tweaking the driver. As my schedule
relents a tad later in the month, I may explore deeper into this mystery.

Thanks ALL
Joseph Fisher