Re: OT: Wireless Internet

Robert Holmgren wrote:
You do too, if you want to tether your computer to it, to
replace a lousy ISP.
The ISP is fine. The problem is with unspeakable Verizon, that
will not fix whatever is causing any number of people in this
town to have landlines so riddled with static that you cannot
talk on them, never mind go online. And they insist that you let
their "techs" (Hah! I had a cat once was a better tech) into your
domicile--at a time of their choosing. This has been going on for
2 weeks!
But thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, everything seems to be
awfully dear. And I've heard horror stories about bad cell
service too.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx